WHAM!

21 May 2010 - I heard Wham! on the radio. Initially the name of the band was written with the exclamation mark, but it got lost as the boys shot to fame. George Michael and Andrew Something sang "Wham!, Bam, I am .. a man" and made a name for themselves in the 1970s and 1980s. Who cannot remember the melodramatic Careless Whisper, which was all George and very little Andrew, and Club Tropicana (where drinks are free). Or the annoying Last Christmas (I gave you my heart), which is still played at boring Christmas parties. These days George seems to be pretty miserable, but he is probably too stoned or drunk to really notice it. Andrew (I suddenly remember his last name: Ridgeley) has disappeared all together, but I like to think that he came out as the big winner of it all, and is somewhere living his happy life. And The Winner Takes It All, although that was sung by another band from those days. Poor George.

No comments: