Japan (26) - Shinkansen

20 Japan 2010 - My travel through Japan is slowly coming to an end and today I will return to Tokyo. I will travel with the Shinkansen Bullet train - one of the miracles of Japan. With a front car that resembles a space rocket, the Shinkansen flies with a maximum speed of 300kmph through the countryside on its own special trackes. It is super-dooper efficient and comfortable, and the Shinkansen is always - I mean always - on time. I will make use of the Tokaido - Sanyo Shinkansen, which runs from Tokyo to Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima and Fukuoka in the South. Trains run every 10 minutes or so, that it is almost like catching the local metro. Everything seems small in Japan for a big guy like me, but the best news is that there is plenty of leg room and that the seats can decline. Many passengers take a nap, as it is peaceful and quiet; mobile phones are not allowed (same on all trains in Japan). Can't we import this rule in Hong Kong?

No comments: