Halloween

30 Oct 2010 - Although I always thought Halloween takes places on 31st October, I was explained that tonight is actually Halloween night. Maybe it helps that the Saturday more attractive than another dull Sunday? Anyway, I have very little with the Halloween phenomena and I am quite surprised to find the event all over Asia. It is big in Hong Kong, and in Kuala Lumpur it is also all pumpkins, witches and Harry Potter gadgets. Worse is that all commercial TV station air an overflow of B-class horror movies (and even A-class horror movies are terrible)  The Malaysian New Straits Times published the Top Ten of scary creatures from horror movies. I had expected Hannibal from Silence of the Lambs, or Jack Nickelson in The Shining, but none of them. It's heavy stuff like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Scream. The only scary creature on the list is Damien Thorn (at number 2) from The Omen. The newspaper explains that one should not be fooled by his innocent appearance of this anti-Christ who sports the devil's symbol of 666. I remember the little fella ... and yes, he did give me the creeps.

No comments: