Wharf T&T

5 Oct 2010 - I am trying to close my accounts and utilities, which led to the following discussion with Wharff T&T hotline Customer Services Officer (remember that word) after one month of trying to end my telephone contract:
Me: I like to terminate the contract for my landline telephone number bla-bla-bla
Wharff T&T: One moment please ........
(long silence)
Wharff T&T: That number is already canceled, sir.
Me: I see. But I am using it right now ... it is still functioning ....!??
Wharff T&T: Our records show it is closed, sir.
Me: ... eh .... OK, so how much is the final payment?
Wharff T&T: We will send you the bill by the end of the month.
Me: Unfortunately I will leave 15 OCT to Europe, as communicated one month ago.
Wharff T&T: I see. Can you return from Europe to Hong Kong to collect the bill?
Me: Excuse me, you want me to fly from Europe Hong Kong to make the final payment?
Wharff T&T: Yes please.
Me: Will Wharff T&T pay for my ticket?
Wharff T&T (dead serious): That is not in our company policy, sir.
Me: Then I am afraid it is not not possible for me to return to Hong Kong
Wharff T&T: You will have to make the final payment, sir.
Me: I understand, so how can I do that?
Wharff T&T: Please call our hotline for advice. Good bye! (click & gone)
Me: %^%#$$)&^#!O*__*&*&(**%^%%$#$
I feel I am in a slapstick movie ...........

No comments: