Ophiuchus

18 Jan 2011 - So, I thought I was an Aquarius, but after reading about a new zodiac sign it seems this is no longer true. According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune a 13th constellation, Ophiuchus - Greek for serpent bearer - is being widely regarded as a new zodiac sign. Astronomy instructor Parke Kunkle also explains that the moon's gravitation pull has made the earth "wobble" around its axis which shifts the stars allignment with about a month. So suddenly I find myself being a Capricorn! Astronomers are quoted saying this is nothing new as Pphiuchus has been there for thousands of years, but that the ancients who discovered the constellations left out one constellation to fit the months of the calendar. The news has also reached social platform Twitter, where people reacted in shock. Twitter-bird @HarryPotterish said "First we were told that Pluto is not a planet and now there is a new zodiac sign: childhood was a bloody lie!".or @geezi who twittered "Damn you Ophiuchus, I was born a Virgo and I will die a Virgo." Anyway, if you are born between Nov 30 - Dec 17, you are Ophiuchus.

No comments: