Sally, Sam, Christine, Cedric and Sharon

15 Jan 2011 - In a few weeks we will enter the Year of the Rabbit, and a friend gave me the 2011 Chinese Almanac in preparation. It is full with useful and not-so-useful hints and tips, and the coming days it will keep me busy discovering my destiny. From what I got so far, the prediction is that my year will be "stable", which seems a euphemism for "boring". Some how, I have the feeling hat Year of the Rabbit will not be boring at all, so let's ee who is right. However, I was immediately drawn to the chapter about "Naming Your Pets". It is argued that naming pets is no different from naming babies. One first has to determine the birthday of the pet. The nature of a name is determined by the pronunciation: names of Wood begin with a dental consonant, names of Fire nature begin with a palatal consonant, and so on. According to Chinese wisdom an animal of Metal nature would suit me best, and I should name him/her Sally, Sam, Christine, Cedric or Sharon. I don't think I will ever have a pet ...

No comments: