American Idol Again

21 Feb2010 - It's that time of year again: for the 10th year in a row it is American Idol season. I used to be addicted to the programme (see positing 21 April 2010), but thanks to Astro Malaysia I am not able to receive Star Channel, so miss out on this year's season. Last season was not that great, so probably I do not miss that much although it would be funny to see Steven Tyler replacing Simon Cowell. I read in the newspaper that this week 327 people went to Hollywood for that one and only shot at fame. They came out in lines of 10 and acapella was the initial way to go. Their pictures were arranged neatly in front of the judges' table for easy identification and elimination. So far nothing new and I wonder if I really miss much. The newspaper also reports that it seems that this years' teenagers are showing their seniors that singing with a big heart is better than throwing it all out with a powerful voice. Maybe they better understand that one Mariah Carey is enough? At the end of the week 168 people "survived". They were crying, dancing and hugging, and - for a moment - did not seem to care too much about the next round.

No comments: