One Year Blogging

16 April 2011 - It's official: in a few days I will be one year blogging away. It has been relatively easy to find the inspiration or source for the daily blogs, but overall I enjoy sharing my snippets with the world. The world seems to enjoy my blog as well, because in one year I had 11,892 pageviews. That is almost 1,000 per month! The top three visited postings were 1) 'Whole Lotta Bowing' (22 July), 2) 'Sanlitun SoHo' (7 Sep) and 3) 'Sexy Trunks' (26 Nov). The anonymous googling reader may be somewhat disappointed about the content of the 'Sexy Trunks' article, because it is not about what one thinks it is about. I am very pleased having a worldwide audience. The highest number of visitors is from the USA, but there is also a good representation from Europe and of course from Asia (including Hong Kong and Malaysia). I still cannot explain the mysterious surge in clicks from the USA in January 2011, but welcome! My blog is blocked in China, propbably because I talk about some of the 'sensitive' topics, such as Tiananmen Square and Ai Wei Wei. It is always exciting to see that people from the most exotic places find my blog too - there were clicks from Uzbekistan, Chili, Fiji, Rwanda and so on. I can only commit that I will try to keep it up - and hope that the readers will keep coming. Cheers!

No comments: