Olympic Tickets

8 June 2011 - I am still in London and the city is already buzzing with news about the Olympics 2012, which will be hosted here. People could recently apply for tickets of the main events, which - surprise, surprise - turned out to be a disaster. One quote: "The ticketing process has been a farce. I applied for 80 tickets across 20 sessions, some I knew I was unlikely to get, but I did also apply for a lot of the minor sports. On Friday my credit card was debited for the cost of one session - £86 which means that only one of my applications has been successful. I don't even know which tickets I have, although I suspect they are for table tennis which I only applied for in the expectation I would be successful in getting tickets for other events over the same weekend. Because of this fiasco I have had to go on the German ticketing site Detour and buy tickets from them, although the choice is now limited, I now have at least some tickets and can start arranging travel and hotels. The UK system is bad because we don't know what tickets we have got. It would have been better not to have applied through the UK system at all. At no stage have they told people how many tickets are available at each price level. Had we known this information we may have considered applying for tickets at a higher price level." Are people just complaining no matter what or is it really surprising that organizations never seem to get the details right?

No comments: