Goodbye to T-shirts?

15 June 2010 - Last Sunday a friend told me I was too old to wear a bright-blue T-shirt with logo. I did not mind too much, because it was just casual Sunday wear, but the question "am I too old to wear it?" has been on my mind. What is appropriate wear for a man in his late 40's? I never thought of it. Women are probably much more familiar with the question, because they are much earlier confronted with the question of age appropriateness. Men's fashion has become more colorful and trend-driven in recent years, but it has become clear that trends are not for all ages. Of course I could pretend I do not care as long as I feel confident and happy, but I don't want to be frowned upon because people may think I am in some sort of crisis. So I guess reality is that I have to watch my wardrobe. T-shirts may have to go, but my Converse All Stars stay. And I will be confident and happy anyway.

2 comments:

Jean-Michel said...

Welcome to the club... Heard that already. Come to KL, you'll get a few practical case studies with Sharil..

WATER-TROTTER said...

Yeah ... thinking (dreaming?) about it, but I guess the question is what to wear?