Down Down and Down

29 April 2010 - Seven years ago, when I arrived in Hong Kong in times of SARS and political chaos, I needed to pay USD 0.85 for EUR 1. The Euro started its magnificent rise soon after and two years ago, I had to pay almost USD 1,60 for the Euro. The Hong Kong Dollar is pegged to the USD, and I still have expenses in Euro, so it is not difficult to understand that poor little me got only poorer and poorer. Recently however, the Euro dipped (it's now at about USD 1,32). And of course I hope it will go down, down, and down even further. Until recently, everything went well, because the stock market shot up, so my few humble saving increased in value. But now everything has changed again: the Hang Seng is going down, down and down again. Maybe I will soon have to sleep under the bridge.

No comments: