Why do People sleep in the Bus?


18 April 2010 - One of the things that always amaze me in Hong Kong is that everybody in the morning bus to work is fast asleep. People sleep with their mouths wide open, drip saliva on their business suits and dream on. The day has only just started and people already seem exhausted. The truth is that people probably are exhausted, although they have just woken up. It means they have not slept enough, which makes me wonder why they dont go to bed a bit earlier? I have asked my HK friends about these issues, but they usually dont get any futher than " ... HK people work very hard ..." or " ... people are very tired ...". I can see that people are tired, but - considering that HK people are very much aware of their health and run to the medical doctors after the first sneeze or cough - I do not understand why they dont take better care of themselves?

No comments: