Clouds

27 May 2010 - The good thing about flying is that you can be with your head (and the rest of it) in the clouds. I love the moment when the plane surfaces from the clouds. It is always stunning to look down on the white woolen carpet of millions frozen crystals below. The sky is always blue, blue, blue and the sun is so much closer. I remember flying in a small plane in Sudan (the pilot said is was the former plane of the Tanzanian President or the plane of the former Tanzanian President - I forget), when we did a hurdle race from cloud to cloud. I felt like being in Star Wars chasing clouds. Maybe that was the moment when I lost my fear of flying, because I realized one can actually steer the plane. But I still don't like it when the plane flies through higher clouds and the plane rocks me like a baby in the cradle.

No comments: