Plain food

28 May 2010 - I am not sure if it is appropriate or not to complain about plane food, but I am just going to talk about it anyway. One of the highlights of the intercontinental flight is the moment that the passengers are ... eh ... fed. Trolley dolly's serve cat-food from the oven - although the meal is seldomly really hot. If you are a lucky there is a choice, like today when I was offered the choice between 'chicken (with rice)' or 'chicken (with noodles)'. Great! The passengers should not be too demanding though, like when I once asked what kind of fish was served and the stewardess replied that "she did not catch the fish herself". KLM is now testing the possibility to offer a choice of four menu's on their flights. Sounds good, but one has to pay the price of EUR 15 to order a meal of choice. Hmmmppfff, what's next? I heard that Ryan Air already charges passengers for a visit to the toilet ....

No comments: