Top 100

4 May 2010 - Like many other people, I like all lists. So Time's annual "Top 100 Most Influential People in the World" is a treat. There are people who one would expect on the list like Barack Obama, Dominique Strauss Kahn, Steve Jobs and Oprah Winfrey. But of course it is more interesting to read about people who I did not know or did not expect. China is represented by Bo Xilai, the mayor of Chongqing, who started his admirable fight against local snake-heads and corruption. Another Chinese is Robin Li, the CEO of Chinese search engine Baidu and also the man who beat Google in China. I am somewhat worried that Sarah Palin has appeared on the list. And Nelson Mandela is missing! I want to suggest to Time to put him on top of the list for as long as he lives (I put his picture to make it up to him). Also for next year's issue: I would be interested to learn more about who have influenced these Top 100.

No comments: