Coffee Crush

24 June 2010 - I am addicted to coffee. It sounds like a negative statement, but the first cup of coffee in the morning is always one of my favorite moments of the day. It is not easy to make a good cup of coffee, as there are so many ways to do it. Obviously, the best way to make coffee is the way you like it, but one of the most critical steps is the measuring process. Trial and error is part of the learning process, but keep in mind that you can always add water if the coffee turns out too strong. I was once told that two tablespoons per cup is a good indicator, but with a greater variety of types of coffee available in the shops, it is no longer a rule of thumb. To be honest, I cannot differentiate between Latin-American, African and Asian coffee, as I usually gulp the coffee down. However, I blindly pick up the differences in strength, and I can immediately taste it when instant coffee is used. Also, please stay away from coffee flavored with chicory. There is no point for coffee to taste like vanilla or caramel. Coffee must taste like coffee.

1 comment:

alexander valeton blog said...

true true true....and contrary to much different stuff from the kitchen (or home cuisine), home-brew is often NOT the best.
The invention of the 'baristo' realy makes sense. But then again Not in the big chains, of course. praise the baristo (m/V)