Kabaddi

27 Nov 2010 - Probably you have never heard of Kabaddi (my spell check does not recognize it). Note however, that this is one of the sports of the Asian Games. According to some, Kabaddi is the key to good health and long life. "Look at me, I am 50 years old and I can hold my breath for three minutes," boasts Balwan Singh, India's coach. "You can live 100 years playing Kabaddi.". The sport, long dominated by South Asian countries, involves teams joining hands, holding their breath and raiding opponents, chanting "kabaddi, kabaddi , kabaddi" as they do so. "you can keep chanting kabbadi and your internal organs, your heart, your lungs will become strong," explains Singh. He is not the only one to espouse the health benefits of the sport (game?). Three of the 14 members of Japan's kabaddi team are reportedly monks, while five others have graduated from a ZAn Institute.

No comments: