Japan (15) - Radio and TV

16 July 2010 - Japanese TV is a disaster. In  most hotels there are at least 10 channels available, but it is all Japanese. The outside world does not exist here. I did see some foreign films while zapping from channel to channel, but they are all dubbed into Japanese. I was told that some hotels have CNN - in Japanese ... On the plus side there is radio in most rooms. It is Japanese radio of course, but there is a great variety of channels, from Japanese hip-hop to classical to honey-voiced crooners. I even like the radio channels where they mainly talk - it is somewhat calming to hear the friendly whispering voices. Like meditation. My travel guide explains that in cheap hotels there are TVs with coin boxes attached to their sides, but I did not see them yet. Can you imagine having to struggle with those coin box while watching the World Cup Final? Damn.

No comments: